Update Nov. 20: I was also nominated by Emily from Emily Aagaard for the Liebster Award! Read her post for this award HERE. I think some of her answers are really funny and great, so check her sick blog and give it a read!
Rules of the award
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Here are the questions Len gave me
What made you decide to start blogging?
I had wanted to start blogging years ago when I was going through hygiene school to document my journey. 2 years and a few months later, that thought never left me… Only this time I wanted to blog about much more than just dental hygiene related topics! I wasn’t sure if anyone would be able to relate or find what I say useful and insightful, but I was gonna do it anyway!
What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
The blogging community. They motivate me to keep going and support me so much! There are so many bloggers I admire. They all inspire me to continue working and writing on my blog posts. Only my boyfriend, mother, and a few friends know I started a blog. They’re all supportive but there’s just so many members in the blogging community and we interact with each other’s blogs so much more that the support there is just that overwhelming. Which is GREAT!
What’s your least favourite thing about blogging?
I think my least favorite thing about blogging would have to be the time it takes to blog. There’s a lot of time involved in thinking of what to write about, how to write it, taking pictures, and scheduling it to post. Blogging is an addiction for me, but if I wasn’t blogging, I would be playing lots of video games right now!! Since I’m starting a new job, it worries me that my time to blog might get cut and therefore reduce the amount of posts I can make a week! 😨
Would you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
DEFINITELY an introvert. Always have been an ISFJ!
If you could leave on a vacation right now, where would you go?
If it weren’t for my boyfriend who lives in Canada, I’d say Japan. I’ve always wanted to go there as I love their culture and food!! But ultimately I think I’d choose to go to Prince Edward Island in Canada to visit my boyfriend. I don’t think I’d enjoy trekking Japan alone anyway. 😛
What’s your favourite local food?
Hmm local food would be Italian food… so I guess pizza? 😁😆
What skill do you wish you had?
Realistically, I wish I was financially literate. I’m not terrible with handling money but I’m not the best either. I want to understand how to make wise investments and build up a financially sound future! It’s just so confusing to read. I seriously need to get done financial counseling 😜
What’s your favourite social media platform and why?
My favorite used to be Instagram when I didn’t know how to engage and grow my Twitter account. But now it’s definitely Twitter! It’s so much easier to engage with others, and that follow-unfollow business isn’t as strong on Twitter.. In my opinion anyway. Pinterest is now becoming a close second!!!💚
If you could have a superpower, what would you choose and why?
Unrealistically, I wish I had the skill of teleportation!! I never have to put up with the stupid long commute with others who are headed toward NYC! I’d also be able to sleep longer. I like sleep.
What’s your favourite kind of tea?
Even though I love tea, I actually haven’t tried too much. (This will now change) I really enjoy Jasmine tea, as well as green tea! Peppermint tea is also quite refreshing 🍵
What’s one thing you learned through blogging?
I learned that blogging takes time. It takes time to grow your blog and get consistent readers/followers. I think my photography skills also got better through blogging, as I’m always looking for inspiration for posts or for Instagram (more of that in my reflections post here) l also learned that in order to get views or engagement, you have to be engaging first. It’s a 2 way street – give and receive!
11 things/thoughts about me
- I love tea
- I love shoes
- I like playing video games
- I’m in a LDR
- Comfort > Fashion
- I love Japan and all things ‘kawaii’
- I’m 25% Filipino and 75% Chinese
- I looove making different nail designs. Back in highschool I used to make a different nail design each month.
- I only really like eating boneless meat
- If I wasn’t a hygienist, I’d probably be a graphic or interiori designer
- I’m a scaredy cat
Here are my questions
- What is one of your biggest blogging goals for this month?
- Where do you see your blog 3 years from now?
- If you weren’t blogging right now, what would you be doing?
- If you could tame any animal in the world to be your pet, what would it be?
- Would you rather never use social media sites / apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
- Did you ever have a weird dream? If so, what was it about?
- If you could meet anyone in the world from any time period, who would it be?
- What is one thing you’re absolutely terrified of?
- Would you rather be 15 feet tall or 1 foot tall?
- If you could spend a day as the opposite gender (or basically whatever you aren’t currently), what would you do?
- What is the best book you’ve ever read?
- Nancy from exquisitely.me
- Debby from boldandblossoming.com
- Tara from lifeisanadventure.ie
- Michele from asliceofspice.com
- Hanna from missbeautysaver.com
- Lauren from creativelylauren.com
- Brooke from rosesandrouge.com
- My fave big firm lawyer from pintspoundsandpate.com
- Victoria from twenty-five-thoughts.com
- Eden from atdowntimestreet.com
- Jasmin from myjoyinlife.com