Thanks to Jackie from The Vibrant Dreamer for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! If you’ve never had the chance to talk to her or check out her blog, definitely do so – she is such a sweet, awesome blogger with amazing content!! Her posts are refreshing, helpful, interesting, and changes up all the time. If you haven’t already, read her post here!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by blogger Okota Enigma.
“the ‘Mystery Blogger Award’ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okota Enigma
If you want to learn more, including why Enigma created the award, check out her original post right here.
- Put the award logo onto your blog.
- List the award rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- Mention the creator of the award and link to the award post.
- State 3 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers for the Mystery Blogger Award.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choosing.
- Share a link to your best blog post.
3 Facts About Myself
1. I’m not a morning person. I don’t know if I’ve said that already in my previous posts, but I. HATE. WAKING. UP. EARLY. I don’t want to hear my alarm go off, even if it went off at 8:30 am. Granted, I’m less grouchy but I’m still grumpy nonetheless! I wish I liked mornings… it would definitely have made going to school, and now work, a lot easier. Some say you’ll get used to it. After years of waking up at 5-6 am, I’m afraid to say I’m still not. CURSES!
2. I’m more of a technology person than anything. By that, I mean I would much rather skip out on going out to eat, or spending money on clothes or beauty products (which I already barely spend on as it is) and save money towards getting that new piece of technology, whether it’s a new computer or a video game console. If I have my eye on something like that, I can practice self control and not buy anything else fairly easily, despite having to wait months until I can get what I want.
3. I don’t want to have any children. I’m not really fond of children and I can’t possibly imagine taking care of my own child. This is not to say I hate them or don’t get along with them! I have fun with playing with children and joking around, but only for a little while. I’m happy to go back home to my personal space. I just don’t think I would have the patience if I had to deal with them practically 24/7. Maybe it’ll change in the future, but for now I definitely don’t want any!
Answering Jackie’s Questions
Why did you start your blog?
Initially, I started my blog to share my journey, hardships, and tips from Dental Hygiene school. At that time, I had thought nothing about having a Lifestyle blog. Little by little, however, I started thinking about sharing my love for Bath & Body Works products … and then later on, video games. Little did I know my blog would take the direction that it did! I’m not complaining at all though!
What do you do when you want to feel inspired?
I do things that I don’t normally do to feel inspired!! I definitely wish I got to do cool / unique things more often – it’s really refreshing, not only fun. Examples of these would be to go out to a new restaurant I’ve never been to before, or going to a new park, or maybe trying a new recipe!
How do you balance blogging and work/school/life?
I don’t … not yet anyway, haha. I am still trying to figure out how to work my schedule out with both! I’ll be going back to school in the Fall though, so we shall see how well I can balance my studies with blogging! For now though, I only work part time so it’s fairly easy to allot my blogging days when I have off. The pressing issue right now would have to be finding that constant stream of motivation to write. I’m currently not performing or writing as often as I’d like and I’m hoping it comes back soon!
Where is your dream travel destination?
Japan, hands down!! It’s been a dream for several years, but it’s just so expensive and I have other immediate financial obligations to tend to so I haven’t gone yet. I just love Japan and its rich culture, the kimonos, anime, the video games, the fashion, and the food!
What is the best part about blogging?
Blogging allows me to write whatever I want, whenever I want. It’s a diary, but just a tad more public, is all. We all experience different things, and by writing it down in such a format, some people out there might find our blog benefit from what we write! I also hold a small hope that my blog will turn into something bigger, providing at least a side income, if not a full one. The blogging community is so wonderful and supportive, which completely surprised me when I entered the blogging world. I haven’t been extremely active lately but I do try to be as supportive as possible when I go on my social media accounts.
My Best Blog Post
I think my best would be one of my self-care posts, which is 5 Quick Stretches to Give Your Body a Break! I say this is my best because this is so far the only blog post where I’ve hand drawn most, if not all of the images I used in there. I’m really proud of my hand and body sketches, so, uh, I think you should check it out if you haven’t already. It would serve as a good reminder to get off that chair and loosen up a little! 🙂
Questions For My Nominees
1. What is one of your goals as a blogger for this year?
2. Tea or coffee?
3. What is (one of) your guilty pleasures?
4. What is something you’ve accomplished for your blog that you’re really proud of?
5. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Kikita from soyvirgo.com
Emma from believeinbumble.co.uk
Lindsay from cozystylist.com
Molly from mindofmolly.com
Key from keyslayy.wordpress.com
Alice from accordingtoalicex.com
Kat from femenish.com
Mary from marychronicles.wordpress.com
Laura from paletteofthoughts.co.uk
Anna from stralthy.com