There are so many things to love about blogging. Blogging is a great way to document our ideas and life journey, helpful tips, and overall is just an awesome creative outlet. Likewise, blogging has taught me many things about myself and blogging in general. If you haven’t already, take a look at my post Reflections After Blogging For a Month. It’s one of my earlier posts but the points I brought out are still just as relevant as today! I am so glad I decided to jump into blogging, after years and years of doubting and contemplating.
Blogging is also wonderful in that you gain knowledge about different subjects like beauty, travel food, fitness, etc. This is the beauty of the blogging community – there are so many lovely blogs with various niches! Over the past several months, I have learned so much and feel like I am more “in the know” because I’m keeping up with other bloggers’ posts about certain topics! This blog post will cover things I didn’t know before blogging.
I didn’t know about
- Wearing SPF on my face whenever I go outdoors. I only ever put on SPF when at the beach! It’s okay, you can say I live under a rock.
- The names of popular cosmetic brands. If you know me, I honestly know nothing about cosmetic stuff because I’m not a makeup gal. Thanks to all the beauty bloggers I engage with, however, I know what cosmetic brands are really popular. Now I even know about some smaller indie brands! It’s honestly so cool. I especially love reading Beauty posts from The Newbury Girl. Check her out!
- The extent and depth of mental health awareness. It’s so easy to live in your own bubble and not be aware of such things, especially if you’re only looking at face value, or from the outside. With that said, when I undergo any mental health breakdowns, it’s also all too easy to try and cast them aside, for fear of being judged and seen as different. It’s very comforting to read about other people’s experiences and what they do to cope! I always enjoy reading mental health related posts from Chloe Chats and Little Blog of Positivity – they are always so uplifting!
- The huge lot that are stationary addicts! Again, this goes back to being “stuck in a bubble” and feeling isolated, but meeting so many people and reading about their blogs makes me feel more connected to others who love stationary as much as I do, if not more! My favorite bloggers from these are definitely Hello Bexa and Bournemouth Girl. The kind of things they find always blow me away.
- All the cool places around the world. I don’t go out on vacation much. The last time I legit went somewhere (not just around town) was last summer in Canada, and the last time before that was when I was in eighth grade. I have no idea how so many people manage to go on vacation several times in a year when I can’t even manage to go on one annually! But I digress. I get to live vicariously through these bloggers who share their traveling experiences in Spain, Iceland, Turkey, Bali, Japan, and other places!
- Pinterest isn’t just for fun. It’s actually a legit powerful tool that can be used to increase your blog traffic! It just blows my mind.
What are some things you didn’t know before you started blogging?
Thanks for reading! Until then ♡